File a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Request
The McHenry Township Fire Protection District requires all requests to inspect, copy or certify public records to be submitted to the McHenry Township Fire Protection District in writing. The McHenry Township Fire Protection District encourages requests to be submitted on the form provided by the McHenry Township Fire Protection District via a link located on this page, and in the District Office. The McHenry Township Fire Protection District FOIA Officer will review all written requests in any form.
The FOIA Officer will respond to each written request to inspect, copy or both in a manner consistent with the Illinois Freedom of Information Act. Requests made for all commercial purposes will be responded to within 21 days of receipt. All other requests will be responded to within 5 days of receipt.
Submit the Request A Freedom of Information Act request may be mailed, faxed or brought to the District Office, 3610 West Elm Street.The District Office hours are Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
The Freedom of Information Request Form may be accessed online and may be used to request copies of records or to inspect records. If you do not use this form, the following are instructions on how to file a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request:
- Please make your request for records in writing. You may submit your written request in person, by mail, fax or email. Please direct your request to the following:
McHenry Township Fire Protection District
3610 W Elm Street
McHenry, IL 60050
- Email: email@example.com
- Indicate if this request is for commercial purposes.
- Be as specific as possible when describing the records you are seeking.
- Indicate whether you would like copies of the requested records or whether you wish to examine the records in person. Remember, the Freedom of Information Act is designed to allow you to inspect and/or receive copies of records. It is not designed to require a public body to answer questions.
- Provide the McHenry Township Fire Protection District with your name, company name (if applicable), address and contact phone number.
- Sign and date the request.